Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Rescheduling Multiple Tasks From Task List

Rescheduling Multiple Tasks From Task List

1- how do I reschedule multiple tasks on the Task list? Previously, using ACT 6.0, I was able to highlight and drag several contacts to a date on the mini-calendar. It enabled me to move dozens at one time. This version doesn't seem to allow it.

2- same goes for the alarms that come up; on older versions I could highlight several contacts and drag them to the mini-calendar to reschedule. Not sure how to do it here since it oly allows one at a time.

Help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Rescheduling Multiple Tasks From Task List

With the current versions of ACT!, activities can only be modified individually.  However, you can clear and erase multiple activities from the Task List.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have a crude workaround.  I use a macro program to individually resechedule each item to a new date.  There are two shortcomings.  However, that I hope there are fixes. 

1.  Even without using the macro, when I click on "reschedule" it takes a long time for the next screen to finish loading, and when I click on the final "ok" it takes even longer to get back to the Alarms screen.  Thus I needed to put in several second delays in the macro.  Is there a setting relating to the alarms that would speed this up?  

2.  If there is a new alarm it shows up at teh top of the list of alarms.  Is there a way to force it to be at the end?

It sure would be nice if there was an easier way to reschedule multiple alarms, perhaps even by accessing the underlying database. 

Another solution to the multiple reschedule would be to use the multiple snooze function.  Is there a way to add a different snooze period? 

So two versions later (2011) is it possible to do either of these tasks?  

I would like to drag selected tasks and selected alarms into today.  Inability to do so has been a major downgrade since Act 6.

Any updates of the current act version being able to reschedule multiple tasks?

Astute Commentator

It's now 2012 and some of us are still yearning for the ease of use we had in the Task List in the 2006 version.

Bronze Contributor

Exponenciel offers a free addon that does that: http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=136

If you select two or more activities in the Task List and RMC, you now have a "Reschedule Multiple Activities" choice

Signature
Astute Commentator

thank you!!