Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed

Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed

I am receiving this error whenever I try typing anything into my database. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Re: Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed

[ Edited ]
I am getting this as well {Content removed. Please post courteously}. ACT! does not have a solution posted.
Message Edited by ghollister on 09-02-2008 09:22 AM

I, too, have experienced that same Error message. I "repaired" ACT 2008, which took care of the problem. Now teh ACT! address book will properly configure with Outlook 2007. I have done variations of removing the address books from the ACT! list. Remove ACT address book option from Outlook. with various closes, opens, and reboots succeeding in only getting the error message (0x80040154) "address book not properly configured or database unlocked..." After all of this, the "Requested clipboard operation did not succeed" error message has come back. Sage, but us an answer! - Paul
Champion Listener

Hi all, This is actually an intereisting point being made here. I am told that the issue you are facing is machine specific and potentially a Microsoft problem... That being said, one of our senior reps is looking into a solution and we will hopefully have an answer for you here soon.

Please consider the following and provide some of your additional thougths on this following point: often times issues will occur on your computer during the course of your usage of the ACT! product. Not all of these issues are Sage generated; how best does Sage provide a response to such issues so that frustration is minimized while still meeting our obligation to address ACT! product specific support issues?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Neil

Neil, I uninstalled Act! 2008 and reinstalled it from the CD, which addressed the problem. I rebooted afterwards before I re-opened Outlook and the ACT databases configured into the Outlook Address Book. I got a message from another user saying that a note in the KB for 2007 suggested the same. I appreciate the efforts of the people like you to help users overcome the tall list of challenges ACT! has presented user over the years. I've been a user since ACT! for Windows version 1. It has been an interesting ride and I almost didn't get 2008 except I could not find an acceptable replacement and had a heavy investment in data and application knowledge. I was delighted when version 10 installed without needing a Sage technician to enter my system and make it work. This is what happened on 2 systems for the last version. I mean, what's an off-the-shelf software user to expect when he can't even install a new program. And most error messages I get when using Outlook are ACT! related in comparison to all the other Outlook-integrated programs I use. But I've remained a stubborn and a constant ACT! user for over 10 years. Bless us all! Let's hope a corner has been turned with Sage and this perplexing product. - Paul
Platinum Elite Contributor

kevdun01 and gimmefive,

If you still get this error, does it happen after a reboot with nothing else loaded as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/27ry9y

Also, how much RAM?

Just wondering...

I, too, had this error when we first installed Act! 2008.  I uninstalled & reinstalled, as suggested, and it seemed to work fine for a couple of months.  It's now doing it again; I'll have to do the reinstall over again, which is a bit of a pain, of course.  Any further thoughts as to what might be causing this?  I did note that this instance seemed to happen after I'd been doing some stuff that would have hogged up virtual memory, but I would have thought that a complete turn off & reboot should have dealt with that?

Thanks for any input! 

Platinum Elite Contributor

alfcentral wrote:

I, too, had this error when we first installed Act! 2008.  I uninstalled & reinstalled, as suggested, and it seemed to work fine for a couple of months.  It's now doing it again; I'll have to do the reinstall over again, which is a bit of a pain, of course.  Any further thoughts as to what might be causing this?  I did note that this instance seemed to happen after I'd been doing some stuff that would have hogged up virtual memory, but I would have thought that a complete turn off & reboot should have dealt with that?

Thanks for any input! 

And that's what the Knowledge base indicates... unless something in the Windows system got damaged when you ran out of resources?

What operating system?

Have you tried increasing the page file size?

Copper Contributor

I recently bought ACT 2008 for my office - we all have ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.1.199.  We all run Windows XP and have most up-to-date service packs; we all run Office 2003.  We all have 2 GB RAM.

Almost all of us have had bizarre, intermittent clipboard issues working in ACT.  Like -- we'll be trying to create a new contact, copying info from another document or from an email.. and all the sudden nothing will paste.   Or the right-click function contextual menu options will fail.  Or the keyboard shortcuts ctrl+C/ctrl+V will fail... etc.   Sometimes these failures occur moving between ACT and a file in another application;  sometimes the failure is purely intra-ACT (copying from a note in order to paste data to a contact field, for example).   Key word there is "intermittent."  I have tried, and cannot, make the failure happen on command. 

Today, for the first time, i was working along, and found that the clipboard function did not work in any application -- not even in Windows Explorer.  Then I noticed I had an extra "ACT! by Sage" minimized window in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen, and when I clicked on it, an ACT error window came to the front, and the error was the message that is the title of this thread.  I had to click "OK" about five times (the window kept popping back up) until my clipboard was free again. 

Sage folks -- something is wrong with ACT here.  I have never had behavior like this with any other application.  It is one thing for the clipboard to fail in the application itself, but for your code to kill my clipboard overall is just out of hand.

And Neal Beam, you make me want to pull out my hair when you write "I am told that the issue you are facing is machine specific and potentially a Microsoft problem"  .... You mean...  the fact that your sofware doesn't work on consistently in a Windows environment where other software functions perfectly -- you mean.. that is YOUR problem?   

That is like a man looking at a bull in a ruined china shop saying: "What were those idiots thinking, having all that china just sitting around like that?" 

Copper Contributor

sorry folks. typos in the last two paragraphs.  Frustration is not good for proofreading.  Text is fixed below.

------------ 

And Neal Beam, you make me want to pull out my hair when you write "I am told that the issue you are facing is machine specific and potentially a Microsoft problem"  .... You mean...  the fact that your sofware doesn't work consistently in a Windows environment where other software functions perfectly -- you mean.. that is somehow not YOUR problem?   

That is like a man looking at a bull in a ruined china shop saying: "What were those idiots thinking, having all that china just sitting around like that?"