Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Repost: Printing From A Memo Field

Bronze Contributor

Repost: Printing From A Memo Field

Ver 11

Has anyone had a problem printing a memo field in an ACT report that has a carriage return in the memo field? 

I may have a list in a memo field, but when it prints, it does so as a run-on paragraph without any formatting.

Is this a common problem or am I missing something?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Re: Repost: Printing From A Memo Field

Hello John,

I am not able to reproduce the issue using ACT! 2009 11.1.  When running a report or template with a memo field, it has the carriage returns but it does place blocks on each line.   If you haven't already, try applying the 11.1 update to see if its resolves your issues.

Bronze Contributor

David, thanks for attempting to find the problem.  I suspect that it must be something in my specific system.  Since this is a corporate issued computer, I don't have the luxury of reformatting and re-installing.  I did run the update to Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1.  Afterwards, carriage returns still did not work.

I wonder if the add-in of CRM-Service's E-Mail Connect Pro has anything to do with it. 

I'm running Word 2007 -- they seemed to have hidden the "about" so I didn't find the exact build.

Thanks for checking. 

John Purdy
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Contributor

Here's an interesting update. 

I still have the problem when creating the report that uses Word 2007.  However, when I copy from Word and paste it into an outlook message, all the formatting is correct and there are no small boxes. 

I would have to say the problem is probably in my computer and not a compatibility issue.

John Purdy