Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports

Avid Listener

Reports

I'm a report design newbie. I am trying to cusomize an activities report template. I want to see the activities plus the emails I've sent and received that appear in my history. 

I've added a subreport and experimented with a variety of fields available under Contact History.  Each time I add one of the fields, i get 5 instances of the same contact, showing the same activites.  When I added a details field or the regading & details field I'm geting closer to what I want, except I get multple instances of the same contact.  I'm hoping some expert guidance will help.  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reports

That's caused by mixing fields from different tables in the same part of the report. Given your description I don't know if what you want is possible or not but the approach you're  trying won't work and is causing the duplicating you're seeing.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.  The report chapters work for all version of the ACT! program since ACT! 2007.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Avid Listener

Thanks for the reply. You mention "That's caused by mixing fields from different tables in the same part of the report," implying that I could use fields from the Contact History table somewhere in a differnt part of the report.  If so, can you suggest where it might work?

Platinum Elite Contributor

They would need to be in a subreport, I'm guessing that you placed them in the main part of the report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129