Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports on Notes/History

Reports on Notes/History

I have always wanted to have a report of my notes and histories sorted in chronological order for a selected date range. I do not want these grouped by Contact, but strictly chronological, with the contact information as part of the report information.

I would also like to be able to tag notes and history entries with "job" information, so that I could produce reports that grouped information by job rather than by contact. That is, if I report on a particular job, I want to see the histories for a particular contact that are relevant to that job, without seeing all the histories for that contact.

Does anyone know of a way to get such reports?

Thanks
Copper Contributor

Re: Reports on Notes/History

The ACT! built-in report writer is "hooked" to the ACT! Object model.  So it will not let you report on history and notes "directly" without sorting by Contact first.
However, you can do what you want using the OleDB Provider.  One option is to use a Database reporting solution (such as Crystal Reports) with the OleDB provider, but another is to just connect to the oleDB provider from Excel.
Check out my blog on how to do that here:

It is faily simple to get a list of all the hisorty in Excel by connecting to the OleDB provider.

Pierre
Platinum Elite Contributor

another idea is to contact the guys at http://www.crystalclearreports.com/

They have a bunch of great reports and can customise to whatever you want
Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have just written a blog showing how you can get a report on history in chronological order, regardless of contact.  This leverages he fact that ACT! Groups will consolidate history and notes for all contacts in the group.  So, by creating a group that includes ALL your contacts, you can run a group report that shows you the History (or Notes or Activity) chronologically.

Check out the blog for details.

Pierre

The Chronological History report is great, but I end up with far too many results.  I am really only interested in those contacts who have had no history added within a specified date range.  These are contacts that we want to make a concerted effort to reach out to.  However, I see no way to do this outside of the SDK since there is no way out-of-the-box to add conditional logic on any field (i.e. the most recent date in the history items or the most recent among Last e-mail, Last meeting, Last attemp, or Last reach).  If I could create a new field and add logic that manufactured the most recent date that we had interaction with a potential client, then I could use that date as a basis for reporting.

Has someone already figured this out or created a custom solution for this?  Maybe it's already here somewhere else that I am overlooking.

Thanks in advance!

I was able to get what I needed by running a Contact Inactivity report...adding columns for last meeting, last reach, last attempt, and last e-mail...exporting to Excel...inserting a new column before the four "last" date columns...using the following formula in the new column to give me a most recent date among the four "last" date columns: =IF(ISERR(LARGE(C2:F2,1)),"",LARGE(C2:F2,1))...the selecting the entire worksheet (CTRL+A or other method) and choosing Data | Sort and sorting by descending new column (whatever you decide to name it) then sorting by ascending contact field.

The result is a list of contacts that you have not interacted with since date range specified, sorted by the most recent date of inactivity.

Thanks
Tuned Listener

How do you run a "contact inactivity report" ?

How do you export this report to excel?

I think you cannot send the report output to excel (only rich text,pdf,txt,html,printer). 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Lookup menu | Contact Activity then do the Export to Excel from the Contact List view.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Pierre,

I am trying to run a Company notes and history report in chronological order as it is laid out when you look at the screen, but when I print the company notes and histories report for the last 2 years, the year dates are jumbled up.  2009 is mixed up with 2010 rather than all those notes and histories for 09 together and all those 2010 together, so I think I need to look at what you have written. I have tried to look at your blog but it says "you do not have the privilages to look ....etc".

What do I need to do to see this?  I am just a user of Act 2010 based in UK.  Can you email me with the article or give me a login to see it?

Can you explained step by step how you do this?