Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports Fail on Win7

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Reports Fail on Win7

After upgrading to Win7 (Act 2010), i was unable to run report getting "The report was unable to be opened by Act!"  I found that in order to produce reports from Act! under Win7, you have to run the program as Administrator.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rikditter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Reports Fail on Win7

[ Edited ]

Hello rikditter,

This issue also can happen in Windows Vista due to UAC.  You can continue to use your workaround or disable UAC.  I believe Windows 7 has improved UAC and you can now have an exclusion list.

While support will be limited from Sage until Windows 7 is officially supported, please continue to test and report any issues you've encountered.  We are currently going through compatibly tests in house and we anticipate Windows 7 will be supported in a future update.

Thanks,

Message Edited by dlunceford on 09-28-2009 03:45 PM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author rikditter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Reports Fail on Win7

[ Edited ]

Hello rikditter,

This issue also can happen in Windows Vista due to UAC.  You can continue to use your workaround or disable UAC.  I believe Windows 7 has improved UAC and you can now have an exclusion list.

While support will be limited from Sage until Windows 7 is officially supported, please continue to test and report any issues you've encountered.  We are currently going through compatibly tests in house and we anticipate Windows 7 will be supported in a future update.

Thanks,

Message Edited by dlunceford on 09-28-2009 03:45 PM