Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports - Details font

Avid Listener

Reports - Details font

Is it possible to use a specified font on the 'Details' field in either the History or Notes sub-report?  It seems like the font used in the actual note overrides any selection I make.

Example:  in the actual database note I use Arial 10, but in the report I want the font to be Arial 9.

Any help is appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reports - Details font

Unfortunately no. The details  in notes, history, etc. are stored in Rich Text Format (RTF) to allow editing the details for font and style on the screen (in ACT! 6 the details were in plain text). Because the RTF coding in embeded in the text, the reports give you two choices. If you set the RTF property to NO.you can control the font, etc for details in the report but you will also see all the RTF coding. If you set the RTF property to YES the detail text will display according to the RTF coding.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Avid Listener

Thanks for the response.  Follow-up question then....Is it possible to for the details font onscreen to be size 9?  It seems like reports have this option and Fonts / Preferences do also, but within the details it goes from 8 to 10

Hope this makes sense.   Seems like a small thing, but 8 font is too small for screen & paper,  10 is good for screen, but too large for paper, 9 is perfect for both screen & paper.  As you can tell, I have some picky users.

You should be able to manually enter 9 as the font size.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Avid Listener

It doesn't allow me to do this.  Have you verified this on your system?

Interesting, you're right. However, you can set the preference for the default font in Tools | Preferences for the detail composition ti 9=point type.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129