Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reporting in ACT

Reporting in ACT

We run a small business cleaning boats and we use ACT to record our contact details and the services that they purchase (i.e. opportunities).

We run a very simple report to show monthly results of services purchased and the price paid for each service.  The report shows the contact name against each servicve sold but we als want to add additional contact data such as the boat name and the boat length.  We used to be able to do this in the older versions of ACT but when it changed to Microsoft SQL database - we lost this functionality as you can only have the contact name when running a report on OPPORTUNITIES won.

Is there any way around this.  We have just upgarded to ACT Pro 2013

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reporting in ACT

Yes, you counld do a contact report with oppertunity subreport or there is an addon to add contact fields to the opoertunity table.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I tried topline designer addon but couldn't make any sense of it

What I need is an add on where I can write a report and add the column headers that I want from, the contact fields, the opportunity fields and the product fields - any suggestins

Platinum Elite Contributor

Topline Designer isn't a reporting tool. There are third party report writers that would do what you want such as Crystal Reports. However they are very complex to use. There is an addon that would allow copying fields from the contact table to the Oppertunity table and then and ACT! report based on the Oppertunity table could be created that would include those fields with a sub report for the products. I've created such custom reports.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.  The report chapters work for all version of the ACT! program since ACT! 2007.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129