Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reporting in ACT Pro

Reporting in ACT Pro

Does anyone know if it is possible to run a date driven report based on a custom date field? I would like to run a report to see how many leads came in for the month, Quarter, Year. We are currently tracking leads that come in as contacts with a custom fields (inquiry date) this is the field I would like to run date driven reports from.

Thanks

Nickel Contributor

Re: Reporting in ACT Pro

A quick way to do this is to do a Lookup on Inquiry Date and use the "Wthin Last (days)" or "Month Equals [number]", Year Equals [number] to create the appropriate Lookup. 

This will create a list of contacts in the Contact List View that meet the data criteria. Then Tools -> Customise -> Colums to show the information you want in your report (Contact, Company, Inquiry Date etc.)

Finally, either right mouse click and "Print Contact List" or Tools -> Export to Excel for further formatting and printing. 

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
Platinum Elite Contributor

After creating the lookup as Trevor suggested you would be able to run any contact based report for the current lookup.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Contributor

Good point Roy, thanks. 

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
Bronze Super Contributor

I'm using Stonefield Query to run a report that uses ACT! Contact fields, and Custom Table fields, one of the filters is a date range of First day of Previous Month to Last day of Previous Month. It's automated and runs twice, once to email a .PDF to the appropriate people and the second time to create a .csv file to a pre-determined folder on the server. This allows the bean counter to play with those figures with MS Excel in his magical ways. Smiley Happy