Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reporting Bugs

Reporting Bugs

Hello,

Recently the company I work for purchased ACT! 2009. I am the person who maintains the database and therefore is in charge of gathering the various bugs and reporting them.. 

I have at the moment 3 screenshots of bugs in the current version of ACT! 2009. I checked for an update before I signed up and posted here.. If this is not the correct place can you please point me in the right direction Smiley Happy 

Thanks, Joe Mittler

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reporting Bugs

ACT! 2009 has only just been released, so wouldn't expect an update for a while unless something really big gets found

In the first instance, post them here... they might not be actual bugs and someone might know a fix.

Failing that, try the Customer Enquiry or Feature Request links from - http://www.act.com/feedback/index.cfm

[ Edited ]

Here are the four screenshots I currently have. They show three bugs one that is really starting to get annoying..

This bug has been reported on all computers in our office:

How to reproduce it: Add or edit a note. It happens everytime a new note is added or edited. I have seen it on the five computers that use ACT! 2009. The error message pops up after the note has been added. 

This bug is the same as the one above just not at the same place:

How to reproduce it: Add a new user. I have only had this happen on my computer because I am the only person who adds and manages users. The error message pops up after the user is added. 

I have stopped using the Edit Mode in the contact list because of this final bug:

How to reproduce it: This bug only happens when I have a lookup of contacts and not the full contact listing.

This last screenshot is the same as above just at a different time:

I look forward to any help the community can provide Smiley Happy

EDIT: Added how to reproduce the bugs as suggested in the post below this one. 

Thanks, Joe Mittler

Message Edited by JoeM on 09-03-2008 08:16 AM

[ Edited ]

Joe,

Can you provide detailed steps to replicate each error?  If they're truly bugs, then I'd like to submit them to the proper people.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 09-03-2008 11:38 AM

Yea sure, to make it easier I will just edit my post above. 

The error message that you received typically indicate problems with the database. The fact that all users are seeing the same error strongly indicate a database problem. Some suggestions, try the same operation with the ACTDEMO database and see if you get the same error. Run database maintenance on the problem database and perhaps some of the repairs from ACTDIAG.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestions Roy.

I did the database maintence on the database I was in and the problem still persists. I will try the ACTDIAG now. I am not too familair with the diagnostics program but does it have to be run from the computer hosting the databases? I didn't see many options on my computer.. 

Here's a screenshot of a note I added in the "ACT11Demo" database:

Thanks, Joe Mittler

Message Edited by JoeM on 09-03-2008 08:27 AM

You do need to run ACTDIAG (Start | Run | Type ACTDIAG and click OK) from the hosting computer. I'm beginning to suspect that you have a problem with MSSQL but try the doing some of the repairs from ACTDIAG, especially the schema rebuild.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

When I did a Repair on the database that seems to have fixed the problem for adding a note and a new user. I have done the same repair for the main databases in use and they all seem fine now. Thanks Smiley Happy

Well I thought it solved the problem, but it seems to only have gone away for a bit or atleast only on the database computer. I am still getting it if I am logged in as adminstrator or a restricted user.

Any other suggestions?