11-17-2011 10:33 AM - edited 11-17-2011 12:31 PM
Scope: Dynamic Group Membership and the "On or Before Today" Date Filter. Both standard date fields (e.g. birthdate) and custom date fields.
Problem: The "On or Before Today" filter does not filter out tomorrow dates. For Example, If today's date is 11/17/2011, the filter "On or Before Today" will include the date 11/18/2011. 11/19/2011 and beyond are correctly filtered out.
NOTE: This happens only at the Dynamic Group Membership Contacts Tab pane and NOT, I repeat NOT, in the group related query preview results pane. The related query preview results pane filtered tomorrow's date out accurately (i.e. 11/18/2011 in the example above are not listed in the query preview pane), however relating dynamic group membership results are not filtered accurately.
Version: Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2 English (United States)
For more information, see post http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/On-or-Before-quot-Today-quot-Filter-Includes-Tomorrow-for/td-p/...
1. Create 4 contact records.
2. Sequentially enter Birth Dates (i.e. just because it's a common date field) 11/16/2011, 11/17/2011, 11/18/2011, and 11/19/2011 into the four records, respectively. IMPORTANT: Today is 11/17/2011. If you are testing on another date, make dates start on "your" yesterday, today, tomorrow, and two days from now.
3. Setup a new Group, click on the Contacts Tab, and Click on the Add/Remove Contacts button.
4. Click on Edit Criteria button.
5. Enter Type "Contact", Enter Field Name "Birth Date", enter Operator "On or Before", select dropdown Value "Today" and click Okay.
6. Click Preview and IMPORTANT NOTE: Correct records only show 11/16/2011 and 11/17/2011.
7. Click Okay, and Click Okay again.
8. Look in the Group Contact pane and you well see that there are three records: 11/16/2011, 11/17/2011 and 11/18/2011. 11/18/2011 does NOT belong in the list.