Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report on number of "Yes" occurrences in a CheckBox field

Copper Contributor

Report on number of "Yes" occurrences in a CheckBox field

ACT! for Financial Professionals v11

I am trying to collect a total count of accounts that have a "Yes" in CheckBox1.  Performing a "Count By" counts all because Yes/No data exists in every field. I only want a count of accounts that have a "Yes" in the CheckBox1 field.

I have a Counter variable but the total count is available on the last page of the report because it collects a 'running total'.  I am unable to have the total listed in the header on all the pages.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report on number of "Yes" occurrences in a CheckBox field

What you want can be done but it's not a simple summing of a field. To accumulate the total you would need to add VB script programming to the template to accumulate the total and to display the result in a custom field.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Yes thank you for responding.  I am using VB code to obtain the total count where "Yes" in in the field.  As I mentioned, I can only get the total to display on the last page (as it is a running total).  I am unable to get the total to appear on all the pages.  Any ideas on how to get the total on all the pages?
Platinum Elite Contributor

I've done similar things but, because of the custom report work that I do, I consider the technique a personal trade secret. Sorry.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129