Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Sorting Activities Report - Prob and suggested solution

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Report Sorting Activities Report - Prob and suggested solution

[ Edited ]

Copied the Activities report and want to sort it in Contact Activity Date/Time order. I want to use it to emulate the Alarms pop-up so I can see in written form my plan for the day and integrate it with my project work outside of ACT.  Read the FAQ and know how to edit sections to set sort order but it keeps coming out in Contact Name order. Finally tumbled to the notion that it is sorting on the main section which includes the name not the sub section which includes the Current Activity Date and Time. I am thinnking I have to put all the fields in one section so I can sort by the fields included there. Let me know if I'm off base here.  Thanks in advance.

Ok..tried that and it didn't work. Something about the structure of an Activities Report is getting in the way and I ain't smart enough to see what it is. Any help appreciated.

Message Edited by jtbamford on 09-03-2009 06:25 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtbamford
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report Sorting Activities Report - Prob and suggested solution

Quit wasting your time. Sorting in the ACT! reports is done on the base table of the report which for that report is the contact table. Because activities (and notes or history) can't be the base table for an ACT! report, an ACT! report for activities can't be done in date/time order.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtbamford
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Quit wasting your time. Sorting in the ACT! reports is done on the base table of the report which for that report is the contact table. Because activities (and notes or history) can't be the base table for an ACT! report, an ACT! report for activities can't be done in date/time order.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks for cutting to the chase, Roy.  Thought something structural like tha twas going on.  Appreciate it.
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
HOWEVER......you can simply export the Activity List directly to Excel rather than printing it at all and you can sort and print it any way you choose. Truly solved. Got what I wanted. Not pretty but effective.
Message Edited by jtbamford on 09-03-2009 02:39 PM