Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Question

Nickel Contributor

Report Question

Hello all.

I want to modify my "Contact Report".  The activities section gives no space between days in a "weekly report".  I want to be able to have some separation between "Monday's Activities", "Tuesday's Activites" etc. and have tried everything, but no luck.

For example, I have 5 activites for Monday, 3 for Tuesday, 4 for Wednesday and need about 1/3 of an inch between the days.

Anyone know how?

-P
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Report Question

That type of formatting would be very difficult to do. It would involve scripting and even then, I'm not sure it could be done.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Nickel Contributor

Roy,

If you could look at my face right now,  I don't know what you'd think.  Just a space between the days of the week and you're say that it's that difficult?  Tell me what's the hardest then:

A) Putting a square peg in a round hole
B) Climbing Mount Everest
C) Eating 50 hotdogs in 30 seconds
D) Creating a space between the days on an ACT! report.
E) All of the above are darn near impossible.

My choice?  It could be D.  I personally think it's A, but what the heck do I know?

What?  Oh Sage, Oh Sage. You got some 'splainin' to do.

How can I make light of this?  I'm truly stunned.  What's next with this software?  Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!
Copper Contributor

P

Is there a particular report you are running?
I looked through the report list and i do not see a "Weekly Report" or "Weekly Activity Report".
Are you referring to the calendar printout, or an actual report.
If you are referring to an actual report (accessed through the reports menu), then doing what you want should be simple enough (You open the report using edit Template option, and go to where you want to add the space and move everying thing down a 1/3 of an inch to create the "space".

Pierre
Nickel Contributor

Pierre,

Thanks for responding.  Just to let you know, I can't do anything with ACT! right now because I cannot load it.

To answer your question,  the report is "Contact Report" and the filter chosen is "this week".

I appreciate your answer, but again,  I am hoping to get some help on reinstalling ACT!.  I am going to try to install ACT! 2005 and then 2007 over it.  Maybe that will do the trick. We'll see.

-P