Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Print Orientation - Same as Envelope

Copper Super Contributor

Report Print Orientation - Same as Envelope

Hi All... 

I'm looking to print a report on 5" x 8" Index Cards - I need to feed them into my printer sideways, similar to an envelope.  However, I'm not seeing a way to adjust the orietation to print that way on a report.  I'm hoping to take info from an opportunity to print this report (haven't played with that yet and may have to take the data from a contact report).  

Anyway, can anyone tell me what settings I need to print a report similar to that of an envelope orientation?  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report Print Orientation - Same as Envelope

Use landscape and adjust the margins to place the data on the cards.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

Hello Roy... 

Okay, so I attempted to change the settings on the report.  I started with a copy of another report.  It has Report Header & Page Header of zero.  I attempted to change the Layout Height of the Detail Section from the 6.78 that was in that field to 5.00 - when I tabbed out of the field, it reverted back to 6.78. I tried a few different values for Height, but nothing would save and change the value.  

Can you provide some additional direction here on how I can get this to print sideways (like the Envelope print).

Thanks, 

Dino

Platinum Elite Contributor

My first rule is don't start by modifying an existing report. There are likely hidden field and VB scripts associated with the oricinal report. Without examining the template you are using I can't say what might be causing the problem.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

I did try starting a new report from scratch.  That seems to be working, but the next obstacle I have is that I'm printing on a Brother printer.  So I have to insert an Index Card in the Center of the manual feed.  It prints fine on an 8.5 x 11" paper, but when I insert an Index Card nothing prints on it.   How do I adjust for a center feed? 

Next, I'm having issues trying to figure out how to adjust the report width - when I set to Lanscape, it automatically adjusts to 10.5" width.  I'm assuming I need to adjust to a tad under 8" which is the width of the Index Card.  How do I adjust the width of the report (I want to set it to 8" so I can see where my fields should end up).