Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Function not working

Report Function not working

Hi we have purchased Sage Act Pro from database partners in Australia in August last year and its never been used other than to enter info in, I have since started with the company and I am trying to pull reports from the data and all the reports appear to be pulling from the incorrect date I have contacted the company we purchased it from and I got the answer yeah we know dont know what date it pulls from either and it just does not work and basically we dont care but I can charge you and make a report specifically for what you want (we have already paid over $1000 in support and Im unwilling to purchase more as it should be a function that works!) does anyone else have this issue and is it something that is easily fixed?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Report Function not working

I've been working with ACT! for 4.5 years, and reports are one of the difficult areas. Very little has changed in the Reporting feature in ACT! over that time. Hopefully, the new owners of ACT! (Swiftpage bought ACT! from Sage just recently) will allocate resources to this area of the produt.

Roy (frequent contributer in these forums) has written a book that I'd recommend. https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book This is my 'go to book' when it comes to ACT! reports.

Failing that, there is a 3rd Party add-on I've found to be fantastic for doing reports (many of our clients create their own reports with this tool) and that is Stonefield Query. http://stonefieldquery.com/act.html This is my preference as it's way easier than ACT! reports, and lets you auto schedule reports.

Hope that helps some,

Ben.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report Function not working

Can you provide more specific information about the problem you're having with dates in reports? I've not heard of this as a general problem before.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129