Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Error: "Error During Export"

Report Error: "Error During Export"

Have been using the Notes/History report for some time without problem. Now, getting msg. that states "Error during Export" when trying to save report. Running Act 2006 v.8. Any ideas?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report Error: "Error During Export"

Sounds like you are trying to output the report to a particular file format, like .pdf or Rich Text.  Does the error occur when you save to another file format?  Does it occur with any other reports?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am trying to output to a pdf file format. The file will save in a txt format. Other reports will save in pdf format as well.

It sounds like the report template may be damaged, in which case you can replace it with a copy from the Demo database:

- Close ACT!

- Open Windows Explorer (My Computer), browse to the location of your database and open the <your database name>-database files folder.

- In there, open the Reports folder and locate "Notes-Histories.rep".  Rename this template to "Notes-Histories.old"

- Next, browse the database files for the Demo database, which is, by default at C:\Documents and Settings\All User\Shared Documents\ACT\Act for Windows (version number)\Databases

- Open the database files folder, then the Reports folder and copy the "Notes-Histories.rep" file in there

- Browse back to the Reports folder for your database and paste

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I followed your directions for renaming the reports template.  I am still getting the error when I try to save, are there any other things that I could try.  Thank You soooo much

Hello straita,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Since the original post is a little dated, can you please describe the exact issue you are encountering and the steps you have taken so far? Also, which version of ACT! are you using?

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Was running into this issue with a client and found this page.

Replacing the file with a new copy (both from a second database and the demo database) didn't solve the issue.

What I found was that it was data from a particular day causing the issue.

I couldn't find the data in question, but as I could still print, using a PDF printer acted as a viable work-around.

Alex Cook
Database Partners
1300 791 327
http://www.databasepartners.com.au

Alex,
Thank you for sharing your solution. We look forward to your future contributions to the Sage ACT! Community.

Greig Hollister