Do you mean 

Report Data

Accepted Solution Solved
Jmo
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Report Data

PLease help! Reports!

I have created several reports and fields for my business purposes. But I have one major issue I can't seem to fix related to closing dates. I currently have created a "ship date" on my layout in the opportunities window. I have custom designed the "Opportunities by Product" report (and others)  removing close date/estimated close date and replaced the field with my "ship date" field. Estimated close date is nowhere to be found in the fields on my report template.

BUT when the report pulls, it is somehow including opportunities by estimated close date. For example, an estimated close date (which for me is really the estimated ship date) might be 5/31. The product actually ships (ship date) on 6/1. (Incidentally, the "actual close date" is also 6/1.) However, when I pull the report, the opportunity shows up in May, not June!  I've tried using the ACT standard close date field instead, and still it includes opportunities by estimated date.

Problem 1: It would appear that the opportunities, as pulled by the date range window in the report section, pull by the estimated close date. Is there a way to correct this?

Problem #2: Even if this is the case, shouldn't the opportunities in my report be filtered to only show those that close on 6/1?

I need to track if the product ships late, so the simple change of making the estimated and actual dates the same will not work.

Any help would be appreciated before I lose all my hair.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jmo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report Data

I believe that was a bug in the original release of ACT! 2010. I don't know if it was fixed in a later release. Make sure you are updated to the current release.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

The date faltering for opportunity reports is estimated close date for open opportunities and actual close date for closed opportunities.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Jmo
Astute Commentator

All the opportunities/records are based on closed opportunities when I run the report, yet it is still pulling estimated close date data. I just ran the report again to be sure.

I do wonder though if it relates to an error code I always get when closing an opportunity -"Object Reference not set to an instance of an object". I've always ignored it, but maybe it has something to do with it.

The other oddity is when I pull up, let's say June's data, on the opportunity screeen by closed opportunities, I see that same opp. that has an estimated close date of 5/31 but an actual of 6/1.  So it shows up in June's data. Yet when I pull the report, based on the same criteria, is pushes it back to May.

Thank you for the suggestion. I may just have to abandon it. My commission reports from our factory are sorted by month, and by product, so the Opportunity by Product report makes checking the commission a 15 minute job instead of an hour long job. Yet I spent the entire day trying to fix this, and I could've check it the old fashioned way by now. I also wanted a clean report for future reference but pen and ink it may have to be!

Thank you again Roy,

Jennifer

Solution
Accepted by topic author Jmo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I believe that was a bug in the original release of ACT! 2010. I don't know if it was fixed in a later release. Make sure you are updated to the current release.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

It doesn't appear to have been fixed with the latest revision of 2010 (maybe in 2011?).  The only data that will populate opportunity reports is based on estimated closing date even if that field is not in the report.  Very frustrating issue!