Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Customization

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Report Customization

Hi George,

Is there any particular reason you would upgrade to Act! 2013 and not the latest v17?
Regarding DejaOffice, if you want to maintain the syncing features you are currently using, then keep using it. Support for this would be though CompanionLink.
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I have not studied the latest version, so I am not sure it is appreciable to my needs.  Second, it seems to be a big jump from 2011 to 2013 already, to the latest version would have a big impact - operation and basic knowledge of the new concepts.

As I mentioned previously, my requirements are still consider very basic.   it is almost like 75% usage of the current 2011 version.  With the Office integration, e-mail, Outlook sync I believe the new 2013 version will handle my requirements adequately.  I am still the kind of old fashion businessman mentality - get you what need.  This is the main reason why I still not comfortable with the new version with features like building opportunity or marketing options. 

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

The basic look and feel between your version and ACT! 17 is the same. There are new capabilities but they don't change the basic look and feel and the conversion of your database to the new version should be seamless, The main thing is compatibly with the Windows platform and Office. All you gain by going to ACT! 2013 is compatibility with Office 2013. Upgrading to ACT! 17 would include compatibility with the latest version of Windows and Office.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

There is another reason I am still considering jumping into v17:  pricing - Essentials US$10.00/user/month and Premium US$35.00/user/month.  Whereas Pro 2013 at Amazon.ca is C$169.99 one time deal.

I am tingling the idea of trial test v17.  Am I able to back out and still retaining my Pro 2011, still maintaining the integrity of the previous system, if I don't like it? 

Highlighted

You're referring to ACT! subscription pricing. ACT! Pro 17 is available with non-subscription pricing. Check Amazon or our web site for ACT! Pro 17 non-subscription pricing.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Could you show me your web site link?

Highlighted

www.techbenders.com

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

You have two version of ACT! Pro v17.  ACT! Pro New @ $199.99 and ACT! Pro Upgrade @149.99.  First of all, I presume the pricing is in US$.  Sorry for asking because we are in Canada.  Is there shipping charge and import custom duty on top of the selling price?  This is a download version only or download and DVD version?  If I am upgrading from ACT! Pro 2011, which version I should order, presuming the more economical the better?

Highlighted

The Pricing is in US$. It is a download rather than a box product. I believe that because of the age of your version of the ACT! program you would need to purchase the new version rather than the upgrade, For confirmation you need to call 567-470-5450 ex. 1

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Thank you for your help.