Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Customization

Report Customization

[ Edited ]

Hello all and thanks for any help. Apologies if this has been covered in a previous post. 

I am using the History Summary and History Summary Classic Reports. I am trying to add data fields for this report to pull from. I want to add RFQ and PO as Columns in the report that tracks the information. I see how I can edit the name of the colomn or row, but I want that data to actually match the title name. 

In essence, I am hoping to add a "Type" to the history tab. I would like to the RFQ and PO "Types" and have the report pull that information. Let me know if that makes sense and if there is a way to customize Act to make this happen. 

FYI: I have figured out how to add the "Type" to the activity (it is located in Schedules). However, I do not see that information showing up on the History Summary Classic Report. I created a test contact, scheduled a RFQ as completed, but nothing indicates that happened on the report. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report Customization

There are actually two issues. You indicate that you figured out how to a new activity/history types. In add the new activity, did you edit the completed results to make it unique for your activity/history type because the results becomes the new history type. Otherwise all new activities will be recorded in history a the type Completed.

The other thing is that the History Summary Classic records the information using some complex visual basic scripts. It's not very hard to change a history type tracked but it's very difficult to add additional history types.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, thanks for the reply.

I don't see how/where to edit the results in order to make it unique for the new "Type" of activity I added. The only thing I did was add the new "Type" so it shows up in the history/activity screen. 

At the end of the day I want to add Quotes and Purchase Orders to this report. I am having a terrible time figuring it out. 

When you're on the dialog to add a new activity type, there are default results of Completed and Not Completed shown at the bottom of the dialog. You MUST edit those default results to make them unique for the new activity type you're entering. The activity results become the history type when you clear the activity.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

Roy,

I have gone into editing. There is the option for complete/not complete. I choose not complete in order for the person to manually change it. There is also the option to edit the result type, change all occurences or change all future occurences. I went with all future. 

I know I'm close, but it's just not pulling the info I want. 

FYI I have edited the option to change all occurences.

That only corrects the custom activities so their results can be tracked as history types. You would need to edit the Visual Basic scripts in the History Summary Classic report to track the new history types.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129