Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Replying to an email doesn't register in ACT

Replying to an email doesn't register in ACT

[ Edited ]

When I reply to an email message in Outlook that is a Contact in Act the reply doesn't register in the ACT history. In order to have it register I have to use forward  in Outlook and then type the Contact. Then it registers in ACT history. Any solutions to have a reply register in History?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Replying to an email doesn't register in ACT

Hello Gritzamada,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

A 'reply' should record history just as a 'forward'.  Can you provide some additional information about your environment:

- What version of ACT! are you running?

- What version of Outlook are you running?

- What is your computer operating system?

- Are you receiving any error messages?  If yes, what is the message(s)?

Detect language » Hungarian
Greg Martin
Sage

I am using ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1 and Outlook 2007 (12.0.6557.5001) SP2 MSO (12.0.6554.5001) and with Windows 7 Ultimate. I am not receiving any error messages. When replying using Outllook using the same email address as in ACT, tt just doesn't attach to ACT history. Thanks for looking into this. Neal

Copper Contributor

I have the same problem except I am running ACT! 2010 with Windows 7 and ACT! email.

Platinum Super Contributor

When you do the reply, what is the format of the email address that is populated in the 'To' field?  Is it different than the format of the 'Forward'?

Detect language » Hungarian
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I just checked and yes the format is different. When I receive the email it is lastname, firstname. When I reply it is reversed.

FG