Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Replies not stored in correct Outlook Folder

Copper Contributor

Replies not stored in correct Outlook Folder

I've just installed ACT! 2010 / 12.  I hoped that the biggest problem I was having with ACT! 2009 would be solved, but the same issue exists.

I have Outlook (2003) set up to store replies in the folder where the original was stored.  This works fine when ACT! isn't installed.  Once ACT! is installed, the replies get stored in the Sent Items folder by default, so I have to change the location for evey message.

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one that likes to have messages stored like this, or that I'm the only one with the problem.

Is there a workaround or a fix?

Thanks

Mike

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Replies not stored in correct Outlook Folder

Are you using the ACT! email client to reply to emails or are you using Outlook?
Copper Contributor

GLComputing wrote:
Are you using the ACT! email client to reply to emails or are you using Outlook?

Right now I can't even get Act to respond to any email commands, but I have it set up to use the Outlook client.  So replies start from Outlook.

--Mike

Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't know what you mean " I can't even get Act to respond to any email commands"

If using the Outlook client, ACT! has no control over the folders that the sent item is saved in. I use outlook and all my email replies go into the folder of the email I was replying to (except the Inbox)

Copper Contributor

GLComputing wrote:

I don't know what you mean " I can't even get Act to respond to any email commands"

I can't start email from ACT at all.  I used to be able to, but since I installed the new version, I can't.

If using the Outlook client, ACT! has no control over the folders that the sent item is saved in. I use outlook and all my email replies go into the folder of the email I was replying to (except the Inbox)

ACT! may not control the folders, but it has managed to stop Outlook working properly.  This has been a problem for a while, and hasn't improved with the new version.  Maybe you are lucky

Mike