Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Removing calendar data after copying the Act! 2010 Demo calendar to your Outlook 2007 calendar;

Removing calendar data after copying the Act! 2010 Demo calendar to your Outlook 2007 calendar;

Has anyone used the The Official Act! by Sage QuickStudy Guide and did the following:

1. Used only the Act! by Sage - Act2010Demo while following the directions in the QuickStudy Guide.

2. Followed directions on pages 132 - 135.

3. Choose Act! calendar to Outlook (recommended)

4. Choose Other > Current Month

And experienced the following result:

1. Instead of seeing only the current month copied to your Outlook calendar, several years of activities copy over to your Outlook 2007 calendar.

And:

1. When you try to Remove Calendar Data from your Outlook 2007 calendar, you cannot do so?

I cannot figure this out.  All I've been doing is trying to learn about the Act! 2010 program using The QucikStudy Guide and using the Act2010Demo.  Something has caused me a problem in my attempt to remove the Act! calendar data from my Outlook 2007 calendar.  However, the QuickStudy Guide on page 135 says all you need to do is:

Click Tools > Outlook Calendar Integration > Remove Calendar Data

But that doesn't work.

How do I solve this problem?  I only wanted to test copying for the current month.  Yet the program copied the entire Act! 2010 Demo calendar to my Outlook 2007 calendar.  And now I cannot reverse and/or remove what has happened.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Removing calendar data after copying the Act! 2010 Demo calendar to your Outlook 2007 calendar;

Hello,

When you choose the option to Remove Calendar Data, are you checking the box to Clear Outlook Calendar? This will remove any activities transferred from ACT! to Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Removing calendar data after copying the Act! 2010 Demo calendar to your Outlook 2007 calendar;

Some times the ACT! activities will get stuck in Outlook. Try this:

In the Outlook 2007 calendar view, pull down the View menu

select Current View > By Category This will give a list view of the calendar.

Next on the View menu, point to Arrange By, and then click Custom.

Click Fields button. Then add the Message field.

All ACT! activities will have ******ACT! DATA****** in the message field column.

Select them and manually delete them.