Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Removed contact appears in group even after I remove it

Copper Contributor

Removed contact appears in group even after I remove it

[ Edited ]

A contact remains in a group even though I removed it.

In addition, when I view the group's contacts in the Detail View (by placing the cursor over the name of the group), 11 contacts show, including the one I "removed". But when I click, "Add/Remove Contacts", only 6 contacts show! 

I did a spot check of one of the contacts by going to his record and clicking the Groups tab.  It showed he was in no group.

And when I went to the record of the contact that I can't keep from appearing in the Detail View, it too showed (correctly) that he was in no group.  When I right click the name of the group and click, "Create Lookup", there he is - even though in Add/Remove contacts from the group, he's not there.

Re: Removed contact appears in group even after I remove it

[ Edited ]

Hi Craig,

If you have removed the contact from the group and they remain, then you may have 'Dynamic Membership' criteria which is keeping them in.

If you navigate to the group then 'Contacts Tab -> Add/Remove Contacts -> Edit Criteria' I believe there will be a field added to this group.

I have added you second attachment from the duplicate post.

Copper Contributor

I had considered that and checked for it ("There is [sic] currently no criteria for this group").

Have you been able to check from 'Contacts' in Add/Remove contacts if you can see the contact presently listed from this area?

Bronze Elite Contributor

In the contact that you have tried to remove from the Group go to the Group/Company tab.

Confirm that the group is not showing - Now click on - Show Dynamic Membership - Does the Group now appear?

Copper Contributor

Hi.

The group is not showing in Groups/Companies.

It's still not showing when I click Show Dynamic Membership.

The said, when I cleared the ID Status field (which contains a word that could have served as the dynamic membership criterion, he no longer appears in that group.

But there are no dynamic membership criteria for this group.

Copper Contributor

Groups/Company tab for the contact (attached)

Administrator

Hi Craig,

It almost sounds as if there is dynamic criteria stuck in the database. I'd be interested in seeing if adding a dynamic criteria to the group, and then removing it again solves the issue.

If it does not, re-creating the group should resolve the issue.
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

That thought did occur to me.

It's not a huge deal, but I'm curious enough that I'm going to try what you suggested.

Thanks again,

Craig