Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remove a lookup from a group

Tuned Listener

Remove a lookup from a group

Hello,

Can anybody tell me the best way to remove a lookup from a group please?  I have sent an E-mail to all the people in my activity list, however, now I want to E-mail those who were not an active lead (activity).

Is this still a matter of assigning a random field with "remove" (or any other name) and then sort of backtracking to remove these tagged records from the group  --  or is there an easier method?

I am using ACT! Version 10 2008.

Cheers!

Re: Remove a lookup from a group

I've been trying to get this done ever since ACT! first supported GROUPS.

I have an ACT! database of some 33,000+ entries and have repetitve requirements to remove several thousand records from a particular GROUP.

I can easily create a Lookup of the records that I would like removed from a GROUP.

Now we're back to your question, "How to Remove a lookup from a group"?  :-(  Smiley Mad
Platinum Elite Contributor

While it's not a standard ACT! function, you might try contacting one of these guys as I seem to remember one of them might have an add-on that would do it:

It isn't exactly what you want, but I created a temporary group, then created a lookup from the original group. I used the sort function in the Contact List to isolate the entries I wanted removed (I had to add a few Columns that had the data I wanted to isolate on) and Omitted those entries. Then I saved the members that I wanted to keep as the temporary group, deleted the original group and renamed the Temp group to the Original name.

Kludgy, but it accomplished the same thing.