Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remove Old Data "There is no old data to remove"

Copper Contributor

Remove Old Data "There is no old data to remove"

Yet another "issue" with Act, at least according to some of the messages on line.

Version 2011 13.0. I've got a couple of years of old completed Activities that I need to remove because the database takes a long, long time to load. When I run the remove tool I get the frequently cited "There is no old data to remove". On the KB I see that (like the other hundred or so other similar ones) this is  "known issue", but I don't see that Sage is proposing any solution other than sending in the database to their for-profit database fix service? This cannot be true, even for Sage! Is this is suggestion that anyone experiencing a program bug buy a service from the company as a workaround? No version is indicated in the messages, and I don't see whether they are offering a patch to fix this. Can anyone help?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Remove Old Data "There is no old data to remove"

Hello magreenfield,

In regards to this issue, please see the Private Message I have sent you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Greig

I have the same probelm with ACT 2011 ... no old data to remove.

What is the resolution?

thanks,

Rick,

Copper Contributor

Same problem here on Act 2011. Salesforce is looking better by the day dealing with the latency issues because of the old activities not removing.

Database services fixed it once and the problem is back. I'd love to hear if someone figured out the cause or a fix.

[ Edited ]

I have attached the newest version of the ACT! Diagnostics utility (ACTDiag). This version has a new feature which should resolve this issue for you. Once you have unzipped the file and saved it to your computer, double-click it to run then follow these steps:

1. Close ACT! and all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
  2. In the ACTDiag utility, click Databases > Database List.
  3. In the Database List, click the square next to your database to highlight it.
  4. On the menu at the top, click Actions > Reset Database Preferences.
  5. Check the box for Reset All Preferences, and click OK. Click OK when the acknowledgment box appears.
  6. With the database still highlighted, go to Actions > Database Rebuild > Rebuild Schema and follow prompts.
  7. When the schema rebuild is complete, close ACTDiag, reopen ACT! and test.

This is a new version of ACTDiag that is backwards compatible with current and prior versions of ACT! (2005 & higher). There are several new features in this version that will be detailed in an upcoming Knowledgebase article.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Good work. This seems to have fixed the problem. Marc

Copper Contributor

Greig,

We followed these instructions and ACT still says no data to remove. Any ideas? Are there other things we should run in the new version of ACT Diag?

Thanks,

Aaron

I'm sorry to hear that the tool did not resolve the issue. This might indicate the issue is database-related instead of preferences. Try the old data removal on the demo data (ACT2011Demo) and see if the same issue occurs. You can try running Repair Database and Reindex Database in the ACTDiag tool as well.

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

Hi !

I do have the same problem with removing of old data. I tried the actdiag tools, as written in earlier posts, but that did not helped. The removing of olda data works fine on the original demo database. Any ideas ?

how to delete or remove the old database?

I closed all other program, and I am trying to delete the old & unused database, but it always show "cannot delte. it is being used by another person or program".  I also used ACTDiag and tried to remove the old database from my computer, but it doesn't work.  Any other solution to resolve it?