Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remove Marketing Results Tab

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Remove Marketing Results Tab

Is there a way to remove the Marketing Results tab and discontinue the E-Marking feature in ACT?

Chris Douillard 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Remove Marketing Results Tab

To disable the ACT! E-marketing integration, you will need to delete or rename the associated ACT! E-Marketing Plug-in files. Once this has been completed, the ACT! E-marketing Icons, menu option and Marketing Results tab will be removed.

Caution: If you rename this component, you will either need to rename the plug-in files back to their original name, or reinstall ACT! to enable the ACT! E-marketing Integration features of ACT! 2010. We do not recommend this, but provide instructions for your convenience:
  1. Close ACT!.
  2. Launch Windows Explorer or open My Computer.
  3. Navigate to the {ACT Install Path}\Plugins folder.
      Note: Default install path is C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\Plugins
  4. Delete or rename the following files to have the extension of .old:
    • ACTSPE2005.dll
    • Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv14.dll
    • Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll
  5. Open ACT! and the ACT! E-marketing integration is now disabled.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

To disable the ACT! E-marketing integration, you will need to delete or rename the associated ACT! E-Marketing Plug-in files. Once this has been completed, the ACT! E-marketing Icons, menu option and Marketing Results tab will be removed.

Caution: If you rename this component, you will either need to rename the plug-in files back to their original name, or reinstall ACT! to enable the ACT! E-marketing Integration features of ACT! 2010. We do not recommend this, but provide instructions for your convenience:
  1. Close ACT!.
  2. Launch Windows Explorer or open My Computer.
  3. Navigate to the {ACT Install Path}\Plugins folder.
      Note: Default install path is C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\Plugins
  4. Delete or rename the following files to have the extension of .old:
    • ACTSPE2005.dll
    • Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv14.dll
    • Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll
  5. Open ACT! and the ACT! E-marketing integration is now disabled.
Copper Contributor

When I do this, the marketing tabs are gone.

However the installer takes me back to Hotfix 1.

I reinstalled Hotfix 4, marketing results tab comes back - so I guess I have to live with it.

Or live in HF1.

Odd.

TJ

Phoenix, AZ
4 user Act 2011HF5
W7 (32&64) on a W7-64 "Server"
Outlook 2003 and 2007

Thank you.  I just bought ACT!2010 and the very first thing I looked for was a way to disable the (very) annoying pop-up.
Copper Super Contributor

I just purchased ACT Pro 2012 and this method seems to work for removing the Marketing tab

Copper Super Contributor

I am running ACT! Pro 12 and this method did NOT work for me.  Any other ideas on how I can remove the Marketing Results tab and the two Sage marketing icons?

Bronze Contributor

I've never had it NOT work for me - perhaps you left ACT! open while deleting/disabling/renaming those three files?

Signature
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Kevin, thanks for the quick reply.  I followed the directions very closely and did have ACT! closed when I renamed the three files.  I then re-opened ACT! and saw the marketing tab and the two icons.  So I then completely re-booted my computer but when I opened ACT!, I still had the marketing tab & icons.  I have also check the three pluggins and they still have the .old name.  Any ideas or am I just stuck?

Bronze Contributor

Brian, any chance you're renaming in an old, unused former ACT! directory, but you're re-installed to a new directory?  Can you search your computer for one of the files and see if multiple instances are found?

Signature
Bronze Super Contributor

Kevin,

I've been caught out by this in the past, where I've deleted it from an old folder, but not the current folder. Smiley Happy

hair tearingly frustrating Smiley Happy

Ben.