Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remove 'Field Changed' details from History.

Copper Elite Contributor

Remove 'Field Changed' details from History.

When I customised my ACT2012 installation, I missed turning off Record History on the Last Results field.

Unfortunately it is a field I use a lot when I am making calls. I then clear the field when I clear the Activity, copying the info in it to the activity details if I need to.

Now when I do any kind of history report it is half full of redundant 'Field Changed' notes.

I have stopped it from continuing, but can I purge this from my history records?

I am also trying to think of a line in Advanced Query that would filter it out of a Look-up.

Thanks, Graham.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Remove 'Field Changed' details from History.

Graham, you can filter it out in the Filter bar in the History tab so that you don't have to see it when you look at History. You can also try something like Topline Dash that gives you quick access to the History table information. www.toplineresults.com
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for your reply Leanne.

I already have the History tab filtered down to what I want to see.

However that does not keep the info out of reports reports using contact history. Act report filtering is pretty minimalistic.

I have a bigger problem now.

I now find I had also inadvertently left the Record History enabled on the ID/Status field, and I have just done some bulk updates of that field - over 600. That's going to swamp my history reports with more irrelevant 'Field Changed' details. Aaargh!

Going 3rd party addin is overkill - will it actually edit the History records, or just provide more report filtering?

To be honest, I've hated the System Record History options since I first used ACT and got pages of useless details. I wish I could turn them all off in 1 hit.

The only history I want to see is on Activities. The rest doesn't contribute anything to the CRM process.

Cheers,

Graham.

Copper Elite Contributor

Previous post sounds like a bit of a rant! Sorry about that.

Have fixed the ID/Status Field Change issue - thank goodness for daily back-ups. Decided it was easier to restore the back-up from the day before. Copied details from the few Activities I had cleared before I did the Restore, will just have to clear those again. Then I can make a fresh start on the ID/Status bulk updates with Record History DISABLED for that field! Yay!

Copper Elite Contributor

Found the solution in a post from 2010 that just reappeared on the forum today with a new comment - how's that for luck?

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Clean-Up-History-Files-by-lookup/m-p/72388#M35820

All I need to do is put all my contacts in a new group, on the History tab filter everything except System Changes / System / Field Changed, sort on Result to get them all to the top, then WHACK THE LOT! Yay!!

Will post on how it goes (don't worry, will do back-up first!).