Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remove (Delete) old/unwanted Layouts

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Remove (Delete) old/unwanted Layouts

Hello.  Please let me know how I can delete any old/unwanted LAYOUTS I see listed in the drop down menu when I change to different Layout views in my Contacts database.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bwmuhich
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Remove (Delete) old/unwanted Layouts

Assuming that you are an admin or manager, probably the simplest way to do this is to open the layout editor from one of the layouts that you intend to continue using (i.e. - on you are not planning to delete).

Once you are in the layout editor, from the file menu select "open", the type of layout you will be deleting and then while in the Open file dialog, just right click the file(s) you want to delete.  When you have deleted them, just click the cancel button to close the dialog.

Repeat the same process for the other layout types if desired.

Close the layout editor without savings changes.

Keep in mind:  Once you delete these, they are gone.  If you are running ACT! with other users, make sure that they are not using the files you delete, as it will be a system wide.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author bwmuhich
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Remove (Delete) old/unwanted Layouts

Assuming that you are an admin or manager, probably the simplest way to do this is to open the layout editor from one of the layouts that you intend to continue using (i.e. - on you are not planning to delete).

Once you are in the layout editor, from the file menu select "open", the type of layout you will be deleting and then while in the Open file dialog, just right click the file(s) you want to delete.  When you have deleted them, just click the cancel button to close the dialog.

Repeat the same process for the other layout types if desired.

Close the layout editor without savings changes.

Keep in mind:  Once you delete these, they are gone.  If you are running ACT! with other users, make sure that they are not using the files you delete, as it will be a system wide.