Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote database

Remote database

I just upgraded to Act Pro 2011 on both my desktop and laptop.  I am trying to set up sync between them. I have created the remote database on the desktop.  When I try to restore the remote database on the laptop I get th following red x message:

"The database cannot be restored because it has been created in a newer version of SQL Server.  Please contact your Administrator for assistance."

This all worked fine with Act 2010.  I ungraded both from the same downloaded upgrade file.  SQL server should be the same on both machines so this doesnt make sense.  I have uninstalled and re-installed ACt 2011 on the laptop.  I also tried to restore the remote database on the desktop and had no problem so I think the problem is with the laptop somehow.

Any ideas?

Silver Contributor

Re: Remote database

It looks like you are still running SQL 2005 on the laptop and running SQL 2008 on the server.  If this is the case, you would need to upgrade SQL on the laptop.

You can verify the version of SQL by going Start, Run, ACTDIAG on both machines.  They should both be SQL 2008 R2. If one of them is SQL 2005  you will need to upgrade the sql instance.

Sage has a Knowledge Base Article (27114) Located here 

Answer ID  
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider