Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote database syncing, but no updates show up :S

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Remote database syncing, but no updates show up :S

We running ACT! Premium 2009 11.0.0.367. Theres a main database stored on the server and 5 remote databases. Every database is syncing without problems, no errors are shown in the log. However, there's this one machine that is apparently syncing OK, but not sending and or receiving any updates. The Sync Log shows no errors, but the updates are not sent to the server and consequently, the rest of the remote dbs won't get them either.

I've checked the remote databases, and the database with problems shows "0" in the "Days Remaining" column. I always set 90 days so I can't figure out how this happened. Apparently the database hasn't been updating for months, yet still the log reports no errors.

I now have an expired remote database, and I need to enable it back. How can I do this? Will Re-creating the remote database work? Will the user lose all the records/opportunities stored locally? 

Here's a screenshot of the problem:

ACT sync problem 

Please, any help will be appreciated. I need this remote database back online and without losing any local records. Thanks a lot. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Remote database syncing, but no updates show up :S

[ Edited ]

You'll want both of the databases (the old remote and the new remote) on the same computer.  Make sure you can access them both by opening them (this will also update any database that is an older version).  Once you have opened them both, open the old remote and use the File Export option.

You can check the Act! versions under the Help menu > About Act!.  Make sure the versions on the workstation and the server are the same. 

If the old remote is on a different machine than the new remote - within the old remote use the File > Backup > Database option to create a backup file (*.zip) to copy to the new machine and restore (File > Restore > Database > Restore As).  Then export from database to database.

Message Edited by gmartin on 03-02-2010 08:27 AM
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Can anyone help?
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can certanily recreate the database, but this just makes a remote with the same settings as the original from the data currently in the main database. This will not get your unsynched data over. Try running repairs on the remote database:

- Go to Tools/Database Maintenance/Check & Repair...run this utility

- Close ACT! on the remote computer

- Go to Start/Run (XP) or Start/Search (Vista/7) and type actdiag. This will open ACT! Diagnostics

- In ACT! Diagnostics, select Databases, the Database List. Highlight the remote database in the list

- Right-click on the remote database and select Database Rebuilds. You will see a list of rebuuild options

- Perform the first 4 rebuilds in the list, one at a time

- When done with the rebuilds, right-click on the remote database again and select Reindex.

- When done, close the utility, reopen ACT! and test sync

If this does not resolve, then you will need to create a new remote database. Any unsynched data in the old remote database will have to imported or exported to the main database using the File/Import or File/Export option.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

How can I export the activity? I have to export tasks, opportunities and calendar info. I'm only able to export the contacts to a txt file. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello EKrobotor,

If we are still on the issue from your earlier post and you are finding that you need to export data from an old remote, then you would not be exporting to a .csv file. You would be exporting directly from the old remote to either the main database or a new remote database. This will export all contact data.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Oh I see. Would you care to elaborate? Do I have to export directly into the new remote database then? The new database is in a new machine. Which would be the best way to accomplish such a task? Export into the new remote db directly to the new computer or export into the remote db stored in the server and then unpack and restore? 

[ Edited ]

Well that didn't work. Exporting directly to the new remote gave me a "Error in application" message. 

Export directly to the main database gives me this error message (note: the ACT version is the same 11.0.0.367)

ACT! is unable to connect to the specified database. The database may need to be verified and upgraded. Please cancel the Export Wizard, and open the database by selecting Open from the File menu. After the upgrade, your database will be ready for export. 

Message Edited by EKroboter on 02-16-2010 11:46 AM

I'd appreciate any help. Do you have and idea on why this is not working?
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You'll want both of the databases (the old remote and the new remote) on the same computer.  Make sure you can access them both by opening them (this will also update any database that is an older version).  Once you have opened them both, open the old remote and use the File Export option.

You can check the Act! versions under the Help menu > About Act!.  Make sure the versions on the workstation and the server are the same. 

If the old remote is on a different machine than the new remote - within the old remote use the File > Backup > Database option to create a backup file (*.zip) to copy to the new machine and restore (File > Restore > Database > Restore As).  Then export from database to database.

Message Edited by gmartin on 03-02-2010 08:27 AM
Greg Martin
Sage

Awesome, thanks a lot! I was finally able to export the data. You've been very helpful.