Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote contact deletions effecting the main database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Remote contact deletions effecting the main database

Act 11 - 6 networked users - 3 remote (laptop) users. Synching is keyed off of a field named "territory". Each outside salesman (laptop remote database) has a unique number assigned to him in the "territory" field. In the territory field, if the outside salesman changes the territory number to something other than his number and then synchs, the contact is not removed from his laptop but the field change is done and the contact in the main database and the laptop are changed to what the salesman changed it to. If the salesman then deletes the contact from his laptop and synchs, the contact is also deleted from the main database. What I want to have is; the salesman changes the territory field to something else other than his unique number, he then synchs, and the contact is removed from his laptop database but not from the main database. My goal is to remove these contacts from the remote database but not remove them from the main database. In most cases the salesman changes the "territory" number from (example) 99 to DSL (dead sales lead). I do not want the DSL contact information deleted just in case I need it again.

Thank you for any help on this.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author richardhuck
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Remote contact deletions effecting the main database

Hello,

Does this happen for all contacts that the user is changing the territory for? The reason I asked is that if the criteria for the sync is Territory and the remlte user changes the value to something that dooes not match the criteria, the expectation is that contact will be removed from the remote database. If not then there could be more than one reason:

- The criteria for the sync set is not exclusive to that field value being changed. Check the sync set criteria and see if OR is being used instead of AND if there are multiple criteria. The OR operand means that not all criteria have to be met for the condition to be true.

- The contact that the user changed the value for was manually added to their Subscription List...this would mean they are not affected by the sync set criteria

- The sync set is damaged. This would mean creating a new sync set and new remote database to associate it with.

- The remote and/or the main database are damaged. Try running maintenance under Tools/Database Maintenance/Check & Repair. Also go to ACT! Diagnostics and rebuild sync objects. Instructions are in KB Article 19642 under the section "Rebuild Sync Objects"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author richardhuck
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello,

Does this happen for all contacts that the user is changing the territory for? The reason I asked is that if the criteria for the sync is Territory and the remlte user changes the value to something that dooes not match the criteria, the expectation is that contact will be removed from the remote database. If not then there could be more than one reason:

- The criteria for the sync set is not exclusive to that field value being changed. Check the sync set criteria and see if OR is being used instead of AND if there are multiple criteria. The OR operand means that not all criteria have to be met for the condition to be true.

- The contact that the user changed the value for was manually added to their Subscription List...this would mean they are not affected by the sync set criteria

- The sync set is damaged. This would mean creating a new sync set and new remote database to associate it with.

- The remote and/or the main database are damaged. Try running maintenance under Tools/Database Maintenance/Check & Repair. Also go to ACT! Diagnostics and rebuild sync objects. Instructions are in KB Article 19642 under the section "Rebuild Sync Objects"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Reset the subscription list, works as advertised. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!