Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote access and layouts

Remote access and layouts

I re-installed ACT Pro 2011 on a Server 2008 R2 Standard machine. I changed the .pad from a remote machine and can access the database complete with all my custom field additions/changes.  When I access the database directly while at the server, I don't have the fields that were created.  Also applies when I RDP to the server, all of the added fields do not exist.

Problem 2:  I have three (3) systems in the office and only 1 is able to access the database.  The other two return the error, "Cannot find supplemental files folder [database name] in this location [server name].

Everything was working perfectly prior to the install on the Server.  I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance.

Thank you.

Silver Contributor

Re: Remote access and layouts

I suspect that your pad files are pointing to different database.  OPen each pad file in notepad and verify that the servername and location is consistant with where you believe the database to be.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Re: Remote access and layouts

Editing the .pad file was the first thing I did for each machine.  1 workstation is able to access the database, and the other two cannot.