Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote User gets synchronization error message "Could not find file specified"

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Remote User gets synchronization error message "Could not find file specified"

We are using ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.1.199. I have 6 remote users and only one gets this error. He has been able to synch before.

I created a new remote database for him and still gets same error message.

The message pops immediately when "synchronize now" is clicked so it isn't able to make any connection to the main database.

I've remoted to his PC and all the setting and database names are correct.

Can Anyone Help?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dkirkeberg
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Remote User gets synchronization error message "Could not find file specified"

Can the remote machine browse through and open the main database directly accross the network?

Sounds like an anti virus/firewall issue or that the machine is unable to traverse the network.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author dkirkeberg
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Remote User gets synchronization error message "Could not find file specified"

Can the remote machine browse through and open the main database directly accross the network?

Sounds like an anti virus/firewall issue or that the machine is unable to traverse the network.

Thanks for the obvious solution. Had to wait a few days to get people lined up. He can navigate to the network and other files but he cannot open an act.pad file when on the network side. Our next step is to reinstall the software.