Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote System Freezes On Sync

Bronze Contributor

Remote System Freezes On Sync

[ Edited ]

I am a single user with one system identified as the  main and another as my remote.

This morning the sync process hangs the remote system.  Task Manager shows that it has stopped working and have to end it.

To be transparent,, though, I was searching for software that will record streaming audio over the weekend and tried several.  So, I suspect my activities may have caused the issue.

When I click on sync the database, the round circle just spins until I kill the program.

By trying to close the program from within ACT, I did get the message, "ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server.  Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled ...

Just noticed that the contact count is nearly double than the base system. 

Base has 7,418 contacts

Remote has 14,439 contacts

Maybe 5 contacts were added since last sync.  Now I'm really concerned. 

AV software is up to date and a full scan found no problems.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Remote System Freezes On Sync

You also likely picked up some unwanted goodies that installed in the background. If you haven't already, go to controlled panel | installed programs and sort by the installed date column. Unless you recognize it and want to keep it I would uninstall anything installed in the past several days. This teick has saved my butt many times.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

Re: Remote System Freezes On Sync

I'm pretty sure the doubling of contacts was a result of synching with OUtlook on the remote system.  Since it would have a seperate installation of Outlook, it would not know that it had already been sync'd.

I created a new remote set, deleted the old remote db, installed the new one with a new name, but could still not sync back to the host.  I'm still trying to troubleshoot it.  My next step is to reinstall the latest service pack and see if a repair will fix it.  I'll let everyone know if that does it.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013