Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote Sync - Remote database information is unavailable - please help

Remote Sync - Remote database information is unavailable - please help

Hey all,

I'm having trouble sync'ing ACT2009 (11.0). I'm using Hamachi, both computers can see each other fine (ping works ok using hamachi IP). I have also setup Hamachi via steps on Act Support and disabled firewalls on both computers.

When I try to sync, I get the error "Server Error Description: Remote database information is unavailable. Please check if the remote database was deleted....". I have repaired the databases on both sides, re-indexed and rebuilt the schema's and sync objects as recommended by other others.

Still I get this error. So a few questions.

1. Is the remote ACT instance connecting to the main server ok (and simply getting this error message?).

2. What further steps can I take to resolve this issue?

I'm hoping to get some ideas (and a resolution hopefully) here before I contact ACT.

Thanks for any help given,

Leon 

Re: Remote Sync - Remote database information is unavailable - please help

The main database isn't recognizing the remote.  Try creating a new remote database and try again.

I've still not got anywhere with this.

The remote user can open the main database and work on it directly over VPN, but sync'ing still doesn't work. Am I understanding this correctly that the remote database needs to be re-created? as in it might be corrupted?

That is correct.