Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote Database problem

Copper Contributor

Remote Database problem

I have just got my new laptop running Vista Business and have installed ACT2009 ver11. I had this on my old laptop running XP Pro and had set it up with a remote database which I could synchronise through my wireless router to my desktop PC. I followed all the same procedures of Tools/Synchronise panel/set up remote database etc and saved the remote to a memory stick which I then took to the laptop and transferred it into ACT. Problem is I'm getting a message

Failed to restore remote database. Could not find stored procedure "master.dbo.sp_get_ptaai"

Any Ideas??

Re: Remote Database problem

Are you able to open any database or create a new remote database on the Vista machine?  If you can't, then you may need to reinstall the software.  First uninstall ACT! and SQL, then disable UAC.  After its finished restarting, you can install ACT!.

How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®

Copper Contributor

Re: Remote Database problem

No I can't open any database or remote database all I get is the message as stated and yes I have uninstalled Act and SQL 3 times to no avail with UAC off . I have used ACT unistaller as well as uninstall programs form control panel but no joy at all. I have just installed ACT on an old laptop running XP Pro absolutely fine so there is no problem with the disk either. On advice from Mike Lazarus of GL Computing I tried resetting preferences as in http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...  So i ran actdiag, went into database settings – got a message “could not connect to SQL Server Instance do you want to continue anyway?” clicked on yes then got the message “Could not find stored procedure ‘dbo.sp_get-ptaai’ “