Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote Database cannot be restored when built from Windows 7 machine

Remote Database cannot be restored when built from Windows 7 machine

Our network runs with a mix of Windows 7 and Windows XP machines. 

The machine hosting the database is on a Windows 7 machine ACT! 2010 (version 12.0.409.0). 

Remote database is created successfully, however, cannot be restored by any client at all (we have a mix of versions 12.0.409.0 and 12.1.181.0 hotfix 1).    I get an error "The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "OLEDBVIEW_PROVIDERVIEW_PROVIDER_VIEWNAME_FK".  The conflict occurred in database "databasename", table "dbo.CTL_PROVIDERVIEW", column 'PROVIDER_VIEWNAME'. The statement has been terminated."  Database is checked, repaired, reindexed, etc, still no luck.  Disabled UAC, program always runs as administrator, disabled firewall, restored from backup but still same error. 

So I tried to restore on a Windows XP machine (version 12.1.181.0 hotfix 1) and hosted a completely identical restored from backup copy dtabase and used the Windows XP machine as host. Created a remote database, restored in a client machine with v12.0.409.0, and synced successfully.

I would really want to host the database in the Windows 7 machine not XP.  Can someone help?? Is the error caused by the machine being a Windows 7 machine or does Version 12.0.409.0 have problems with creating/restoring remote databases?

I really need to get remote access up and running as soon as possible. any help/suggestions please.. thank you!!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Remote Database cannot be restored when built from Windows 7 machine

Possibly getting Act! to the same versions on all amchines is a starting point.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog