Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote Conntectivity issue with ACT Database

Remote Conntectivity issue with ACT Database

I'm using ACT 2009, and attempting to connect to the database remotely via VPN. I am connected to the network via VPN and I can see the database, but when I start ACT I receive the error: "The database InfoCase_Contact_Database could not be accessed. In order to access the database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall solution on your computer or the server."

Firewalls have been turned off on both my system and the server. I am running Windows Vista on my computer, and I am running ACT as the administrator. The database on the server is shared and being used by other folks in the office where the server is located. We do have available licenses, so that is not the issue.

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Remote Conntectivity issue with ACT Database

Please see if the information in the following Knowledgebase article provides a possible resolution to this issue:

Error: "The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network con...

If other users can access the database and you cannot, then it sounds like a permissions issue.  You may have to have your IT personnel look at your user permissions or broaden the permissions to the ACT! database files on server.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.