Remote App - 'Email & Outlook Sync' not functioning correctly

Hi All

We are running 'Remote App and Desktop Connection' with:

• ACT! Pro v18.2
  • Outlook 2013 (32bit)
  • Office 2013 (32bit)
  • Windows Server 2012 r2
  • Windows 10 on laptop.

ACT!, Outlook and Word all work well and are fast an reliable.

We have setup 'Email & Outlook Sync' to work.  This work for a while (usually a day) then stops.  It appears to still be fully functional but emails do not attach.

If I check the settings in Preferences within ACT! they are still there.  If I check the Address Books in Outlook Account settings, ACT! address book is still there.  AddIn are not disabled in Outlook and all ACT! AddIn icons are there in Outlook.

If you highlight an email and click the 'Attach to ACT! Contacts' icon all appears to work.  The email does not appear in 'History'  (even if a close ACT! and go back in again)

I have discovered that if I go in to Outlook and go to the 'Address Book' tab in Accounts, Then Edit the ACT! address book as going to make a change, then save.  The email attachments work for a while.

I have set both ACT! and Outlook to 'Run as Administrator'

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

See attached Word document.

Kind regards

David

Administrator

Re: Remote App - 'Email & Outlook Sync' not functioning correctly

Hi David,

Please could you have a look in the Outlook history recording application for the reason why some emails are not attaching?

To open this application, right click on this icon in the system tray and select "Show Progress" -  2016-12-09_11-38-14.png

Check in the "Not Attached Messages" tab and look for the status column on the right.

Copper Contributor

Apologies for the delay.

I have been checking out the 'Attach to Act! Contacts Progress' app.  it appears this is the problem.

act.outlook.services.exe does not launch in the Remote App session when logged in.  I have discovered though that it does launch once you go in to Account Settings\Address Book in Outlook and edit the 'Act! Address Book'

The icon then appears and I can launch the app, by which time functionality is back.

How can I ensure that this app launches with at the start of a Remote App session?

thanks for your help.

david

Administrator

Hi David,

I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with RemoteApp. I would suggest searching for help on startup configurations on the Microsoft Knowledgebase.
Copper Contributor

will let you know how I get on.

thanks

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary

we wrote a batch file that launched Outlook first and then act.outlook.services.exe every time Outlook is launched in a Remote desktop session.

seems to be working.

david