Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reload Act! Pro Version 19

Highlighted

Reload Act! Pro Version 19

Hi Guys, have a gremlin in my system and need to format entire HD and reload everything. Ho humm.
This will include reinstall of Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update4.
Problems I face are:

a) Can't locate the base Act! 19 instal file.   Where can I download this?  ( presume I would install this and then do the updates to 19.2 update4)
b) Can't do a backup of the current DB (system wont save the DB backup file to my HD or to an external drive due to the problem I have with the PC).  If I copy the current ADF, ALF &  pad files to the rehabilitated HD will it work?

Thank you

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reload Act! Pro Version 19

The latest update to 19.2 is update 5 and should be installed if possible. Then go to Help and about ACT! and copy the serial number shown. Check the hard drive to see if the install files are already on your hard drive because if you installed from a download the expanded install files should be there and can be copied to a DVD or flash drive. Finally stop the SQL server and you can copy the database ADF and ALF files and the database supplemental folders to a DVD or flash drive. The PAD file isn't needed, a new one will be created.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted

Thanks for the tips.

I do not have the original download / install files for V19.  Where can I download these?

Highlighted

Have you checked your hard drive for a folder something like ACT PRO V19? If it's there those are your install files.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted

Act 19 has been reinstalled and appears to be working ok.

It has asked for the Activation Key.  A different key appeared by default to what I have recorded.  Tried my key but it wont accept - invalid.

Applied the "default" one and it appears to activated a trial.

When I open ACT and try to open the original DB, get error msg - see attached.

Need to activate with my original key and also work out what the error msg is about.

Thanks

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

With 19.2 update 5 your licence would have change from your old protexis licence to the Swiftpage one, you may need to contact swiftpage if you are having issues with activating it. 

As for the error I think this will be due to the database notbeing physically attached in SQL. Try deleting the pad file and then within act! and then browse to the ADF file within Act! and then this should attach the DB to SQL.

This should help http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38179

Info about moving databases

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23392

Highlighted

I have not installed update 5 yet.   Want to get the opriginal Db going first, then do the update.

Highlighted

You're in a bind, you can't activate with the old serial number because that service is no longer available. Update 5 would change you to the new serial number provided you applied it to an activated version.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted

OK, Thanks.

Not sure what you mean  "Update 5 would change you to the new serial number provided you applied it to an activated version. "

I can't activate the current installation - wont accept my existing key.

JB

Highlighted

The serial number you have no longer is used. You need the new serial number to activate the ACT! program. The version 19.2 update 5 provides the new serial number. However ACT! must ber activated before update 5 can be installed.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert