Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Relationships Tab does not seem to work

Copper Contributor

Relationships Tab does not seem to work

I am using Act! Pro Version 18.1.103.0, Update 3.  I am curious about the relationships tab.  Not sure exactly how it works.  When I click on this tab, then click on Relate Contact.  a window opens up where I can pick and relate contacts, but there is no OK or enter button to create the relationship.  Hence, nothing happens. So, what am I missing here?  

Administrator

Re: Relationships Tab does not seem to work

[ Edited ]

Hi mezweig,

You can find more information on how to use the relationships feature in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23893

The below video shows the steps taken to add a relationship to a Contact:

if you are not seeing the OK buttons as shown in the video, then I would suggest you update Act! v18 to the latest available version. You can find the update in the Downloads Center. Look for Act! Pro v18 SP2 Update, and then also download and apply the latest update for this version which is currently Act! 18.2 Update 4.

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the video, and it makes perfect sense.  Unfortunately, that is not what shows up on my screen.  The relate contact box is way bigger, and there is no visible OK button to finish the relationship.  I use Windows 10 (which is why I purchased this version).  Would you have any thoughts as to what the problem may be?  Thanks for your help!

Administrator

Hi mezweig,

This is likely happening due to you having a very high resolution monitor. These can sometimes cause issues with how Act! is displayed. We have a Knowledgebase article that lists various recommended settings to try and minimise the effect this has on Act!, although we can't guarantee full compatibility in these cases.

Try the suggestions in this article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38200