Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Relationships Do Not Export/Import

Copper Elite Contributor

Relationships Do Not Export/Import

[ Edited ]

I'm using ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.183.0 on WinXP w/2GB RAM and plenty of disk space.

1. I created a new target database.

2. Exported records from the source database (using merge as instructed in "How to Import a Multi-User Database and Retain the Record Manager in ACT!" )  to the target db.

3. Everything came over EXCEPT for the Relationships Tab data.  The Relationships Tab is blank.

This was a test export and I did not export Group/Company data.  

Is there a way to direct the export/import to send the Relationships data?

Message Edited by GregH on 03-25-2009 03:04 PM
Message Edited by GregH on 03-25-2009 03:05 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Relationships Do Not Export/Import

You wrote 11.1, but I assume you mean 11.1?

Relationships is a new function and it looks like they didn't add it to the import/export.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Copper Elite Contributor

My mistake, I meant 11.1.183.0.

Too bad they didn't think one might wish to export that work.  I'll post a note in \community\feature - thanks for the link.

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. I have duplicated the issue you described and have reported it as an issue to our Developement team for further research. An update will be provided if the status changes or if an alternative work-around to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Greg - Relationships do sync, don't they?
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

As it's basically a custom sub-table, I would expect them to.

Although, I wonder what happens if a record in a sync-set has a relationship to a record that is not in the sync-set

Or a relationship with a record that the user can't see because it's Private or Limited Access

Anyone want to test this?

Relationships do sync over.  However, if a related contact is Private for another user, not in the users sync set, or excluded by Limited Access, the relationship will not show in the remote database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greig beat me to it - the Relationships Tab data does, indeed, synchronize.

Message Edited by GregH on 04-08-2009 03:25 PM

Thanks for the info on Limited Access and Sync, Grieg.

That's what I would have hoped, but as I don't have a multi-user license couldn't test it.