Do you mean 

Relationship Tab Missing

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

Relationship Tab Missing

Act 2010

Windows 7, Enterprise

I was reading through some posts recently and thought I would check out the use of the relationship tab.  Lo and behold, I didn't see one on my system. 

So, my question is how do I get it back?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Relationship Tab Missing

Relationship tab is available in ACT version 2010.  GO to Tools, design Layouts, Contact

In the layout editor, choose, Edit, Tabs and assuming the Relationship tab is displayed on the left side of the dialog box, click the single right arrow and add to the right side. Close and save.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Relationship tab is available in ACT version 2010.  GO to Tools, design Layouts, Contact

In the layout editor, choose, Edit, Tabs and assuming the Relationship tab is displayed on the left side of the dialog box, click the single right arrow and add to the right side. Close and save.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Bronze Contributor

Thanks for the help. 
John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Hi - 

I've attempted to go to Tools>Design Layout>Contact, as instructed in the knowledgebase article. However, all four options under Design Layout are grayed out and I can't select them so I can add the relationships tab. Any advice? I'm running ACT! 2010 Premium.

Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Ajrig,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

From your description, it appears your ACT! username is set to 'Standard'.  You would need to be either 'Administrator' or 'Manager' to access the layout designer.  Do you see a lot of options on the Tools menu that are disabled (grayed out)?  If you do, this is another sign of your access level.

If this is the issue, you will need to contact your database administrator to either upgrade your access level or make the changes to the layout for you.

Greg Martin
Sage