Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Relate Contacts

Relate Contacts

On my work station (others are not having this issue), when I try to relate contacts, the "Ok" or "Cancel" buttons do not appear in the "Relate Contacts" box.  I have gone to Tools and run the Check and Repair maintenance and re-started Sage ACT to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated - being unable to relate contacts from my work station is frustrating.

Re: Relate Contacts

BTW, I am using Sage ACT 2012 Pro.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Joel,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Your description leads me to believe it is most likely a customized monitor DPI setting issue.  Here is an article with instructions for checking and resetting your monitor DPI setting to default: KB Article 26349 

Greg Martin
Sage

This did not resolve the issue.  

Any other ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try going to Tools > Customize > Reset Menus and Toolbars, then restart ACT!. If this does not resolve, then you may also need to rebuild your ACT! preferences file. Follow the steps in the bottom half of this KB article to manually rebuild them:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig - I followed the instructions and still no "Okay" button on the "Relate Contact" box.  Any other ideas?  Joel

[ Edited ]

There should be a group of dots in the lower right corner of the Relate Contact dialog box. Click on these on these drag to expand the box to see if those buttons become visible. Also, can you see the Hide Details/Show Details toggle in the bottom left of the box (same "row" as the OK and Cancel buttons)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

There are no group of dots, or Hide details/Show details toggle button.  If I go to the bottom of the box, I can just continue to expand the box.  But, I don't get to any buttons.

Are there any other dialog boxes that are missing the buttons at the bottom? This is usually a DPI or preferences issue. If not, then I would have to suggest uninstall/reinstall ACT!. Also, if you are Windows Vista or 7, you can try disabling User Account Control.
Windows 7: http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...
Windows Vista: http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2022...

Greig Hollister

Another possible option is see if there is an updated driver you can download for your graphics card

Greig Hollister