Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reintalling Act2009 and Act2010 installation...Help!

Reintalling Act2009 and Act2010 installation...Help!

I was deleting old file to gain more hard disk space and inadverdently deleted from C:/Program Files either Act2007, Act2008, which made Act2009 upgrade inoperable.

When trying to re-instal purchased downloaded/saved Act2009 software, I get "E:\Applications\ACTS2009U_ES_Act2009.exe is not a valid Win32 application".  Could not re-download from Act eStore, as download has expired.

So I figure, I really messed up and probably best to just buy full Act2010 (assuming that an upgarde version would not work) and went to Control Panel and removed Act2009 (unable to remove "Act! by Sage" ).

Purchased download at act.com Act2010 full version, installed it, but it would not open my Act2009 PAD file with msg about possible Firewall conflict.  Dissabling Firewall did not open Act2009 PAD.  MsSQL admin shows ACT07.

So I figure, I really messed it up and better not full with Registry which has entries for ACT 9.0; 11.0 and 12.0

Anyone's kind suggestions much welcomed.

Charlie

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reintalling Act2009 and Act2010 installation...Help!

Hello Charlie,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Assuming you are still having this issue, this may be caused the SQL service not running. To check:

- Close ACT!

- Click your Windows Start button, choose Run from the Start menu, and type in services.msc. If using Windows Vista or Windows 7, type this command in the Search box on the Start menu

- When the list of services comes up, locate the SQL Server (ACT7). Right-click on the service and select Start. If Start is grayed out, the click Restart.

- Reopen ACT!, then attempt to open your ACT! 2009 database for conversion

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.