Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstate TAG field Row Selectors

Reinstate TAG field Row Selectors

I a new user of ACT 2009. I inadvertently somehow remove the TAG field that used to display on each row on the Contact List screen. When the database was loaded and I went on to the Contract List Screen there were two fields at the beginning of each row. I remember using the Options/Customize Columns to remove these fields. I cannot see them on the Customize Columns screen.

How do I recover or restore these two fields.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reinstate TAG field Row Selectors

When you say the "TAG" field, is that a custom field that you have created? If you do not see it as an available column when you try to add a column to the list view, then go to Tools/Define Fields and make sure the field still exists in your database.

Another point, is that if you enable Edit Mode (check the Edit Mod box at the top of the Contact List view), then each row in the list will be preceded by a white box.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

Thank you for this prompt responce. As you confirmed, when I select the Edit mode, a field displays on each line/row of the Contract List window/screen. When I select the TAG Mode, no field displays on each line/row of the Contract List window/screen. When I view the Customize Columns and the Tools/Define Fields information I do not find any field related to TAG. When I select the TAG Mode I can still select any or all lines/rows.

How do I get this field to display again on each line/row.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm not sure what the view was like in the older versions of ACT!, but in the current versions when you select Tag Mode in the list view, there is no field that appears. It simply allows to highlight (tag) multiple records just by clicking on them. This same function can be done using the Ctrl and Shift buttons in conjunction with your mouse without have to enter Tag Mode.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.