Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstalling after hard drive replacement

Reinstalling after hard drive replacement

Due to a hard drive crash, I now need to reinstall Act 2006 and restore the three different dbases.  At the present time I cannot even get the software to load on the new hard drive.  Do we have any IT person in the Indianapolis area who would qualify as an expert that would assist me?  This has effectively brought my business marketing activities to a stand still.

Thank you.

Eugene Scott
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Reinstalling after hard drive replacement

What is the OS in this machine?
are you trying to install from a cd.
do you get any errors.
Try this link to download and install ACT 8.0.2.82 version

Copper Contributor

Scottie wrote:
  Do we have any IT person in the Indianapolis area who would qualify as an expert that would assist me?  This has effectively brought my business marketing activities to a stand still.

Hello,

You can try contacting an ACT! Certified Consultant.

Hi Scottie,
If after contacting ACT! Support you still find that you need assistance, please contact us at LDS Technology. We are in downtown Indy and would be available to assist with getting database setup again. you can email me at steve@ldstech.net

Steve Lester
LDS Technology Company

Thank you for your suggestions.  My operating system is 2000 Pro and up until the install of the new hard drive, ACT worked okay.  After the ACT techie deleted the program and searched out some of the hidden pieces, he noticed that there were numerous errors showing up in the registry.

The reinstallation was from my original CD, which I thought everything was going to be okay when all of a sudden an error message popped up stopping the final few steps of the installation.

I have downloaded the standard version as you indicated and I will see if it will okay.

Thank you for your help.

Eugene

Thank you for your suggestion as that what I plan on doing once I have someone check out the installation of my operating system registry, which is 2000 Pro.  The techie from ACT found numerous errors while deleting what had been installed when the back up of my hard drive was moved to the new hard drive.

Eugene