Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstalling Act 2009 version 11 on windows 7 machine

Tuned Listener

Reinstalling Act 2009 version 11 on windows 7 machine

I have a client that hs a Windows 7 home edition laptop that they had ACT 2009 version 11 installed.  He deleted it off the machine, not swure if uninstalled or deleteed.  I tried to reinstall it, I first removed the ACT SQlL instance, then reinstall it.  I appears to install fine.  When I launch it the program does not go to the registration wizard and tthe program also seems to hang and then tells me that it can not find the database, which is installed on a network drive.  I can get to the network drive with no problem.  I also have a firewall exception for ACT and the PAD file is copied on the local machine.  As i said ACT was working was on this machine previously.  I an not sure what else to check or do at tthis point does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reinstalling Act 2009 version 11 on windows 7 machine

Have you checked to see if the SQL service is running? You could also try doing a proper uninstall and then reinstall.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Roy,

Yes to both

Thank you

Platinum Elite Contributor

For what it's worth, I have a similar problem on a client system recently that I was never able to solve. Because they were upgrading to 2011 in about a week I went ahead and tried installing ACT! 2011 on the system and it worked. Given that ACT! 2009 was never tested for Windows 7, it would appear there is something that will allow one successful install but an uninstall/reinstall will fail. Sorry I can't be more help.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

I have done several uninstalls / reinstalls with other licensed copies for this same client, but that was going from one machine to a new machine, so there must be something installed on the machine that is causing not to uninstall or reinstall completely