Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstalling ACT

Reinstalling ACT

I need to reinstall Win XP Pro this weekend and any advice as to what I will need to do to reinstall ACT will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Reinstalling ACT

Neil,

You did not say if you were reinstalling to a machine that already has ACT? Which version? but the process should be straightforward although if you want to use the integration with Office make sure that it is installed and setup and working first.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks Paul.

I am using ACT! 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 which will be gone (except on my portable) when I reformat. I have my last download of the software on an external drive and have copied my serial number. My concern is that some upgrades require the original installed software which I no longer have, just the latest download zip update.

Thought I would ask for advice before I jump off the cliff.

Bronze Contributor

Neil,

If you have the installable file, your database and serial no then you should be OK to reinstall. It does not rely on having a previous version installed

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.